- Syncing the card reader (0:48)
- Curbside: charge/debit card (3:00) PS: Don’t handle the customer’s card. Hold the reader steady while the customer inserts or swipes card. PPS: After each sale, sanitize the tablet screen if the customer touched it!
- Charge: card not present (3:41)
When taking the phone order, take the card info over the phone (see “Charge: card not present” video above).
The mobile reader can’t process SNAP cards, but the regular card reader can. See the special procedure required before inserting the card. They’re at the desk, near the reader.
If a customer wishes to make a SNAP purchase when we’re doing only curbside or home delivery, use one of these two methods:
- do as the waiter in a restaurant does: take the card in with you, process the sale at the desk (see SNAP instructions), and take the card and the ticket back out for their signature… OR
- take the card information over the phone (see “Charge: card not present” video above, plus the special SNAP instructions). (If it’s to be a home delivery, this is the method you’ll have to use.)